All Shoes On The Belt
Ever since Richard Reid’s failed attempt to light his shoes on fire on a plane, we’ve all gotten used to being forced to pad through the airport in our stocking feet and hopefully not pick up any flesh eating fungus or anything.
But slowly the public became good at stripping down and unpacking their computers, and then their cameras, and then all their major electronics for the TSA staff that apparently has more trouble than the security in the rest of the world in differentiating benign from naughty in a packed bag.
The latest threat to national security: your gym shoes. So as of yesterday afternoon (19-May-09) we are all now obliged to unpack our shoes from our carry on luggage and put them on the belt separately. Too bad you just bought that new TSA compliant computer bag as it is now obsolete.
I suspect lines were getting a little short and we needed something else to confuse us and make air travel less efficient because otherwise the terrorists would win.
Category: Related Links
- Get a desktop alert when Thunderbird gets constipated 2023 May 29
- The end of a comic era 2023 May 14
- WordPress forward and back navigation I find pleasing 2023 May 07
- عيد مبارك 2023 April 22
- Technology: maximizing individual radius of lethality. 2023 February 05
- Sidebar featured images only on single post pages 2023 January 24
- LastPass: The Cloud is Public and Ephemeral 2023 January 05
- Some gnuplot and datamash adventures 2022 December 29
- Smol bash script for finding oversize media files 2022 September 02
- Deep Learning Image Compression: nearly 10,000:1 compression ratio! 2022 June 28
- Post History