Modern mice seem to think it essential to include a “bump this side of the mouse to delete your work” button, oddly configured as a “back” button in most browsers. Why? I have no idea. Personally I rarely actually need to navigate forward and backward while browsing. I suppose a lot of people have navigation remorse or something, but for me the button has only been a source of frustration.
There seemed to be only one option since the logitech mouse driver suite is inexplicably larger than most complete operating system installs and therefore unsuitable for any normal computer, taking apart the mouse and cutting the leads to the Stupid Switches.
Instead I found this little utility that lets you disable the buttons (you can also map them to something else you’d like to accidentally trigger if that amuses you). Now I won’t lose my work when creating a message in Gmail or working in redmine.
- Audio File Analysis With Sox 2024 February 07
- Manually Update Time Zone Data on Android 10 2023 October 31
- Autodictating to self using Whisper to preserve privacy 2023 August 17
- Projecting Qubit Realizations to the Cryptopocalpyse Date 2023 August 04
- AI PSYOPS are changing strategic messaging 2023 July 29
- Convert A Slideshow/Presentation into HTML 5 Video 2023 July 23
- Mobotix Notifier in Python – get desktop messages from your cameras 2023 June 06
- Get a desktop alert when Thunderbird gets constipated 2023 May 29
- The end of a comic era 2023 May 14
- WordPress forward and back navigation I find pleasing 2023 May 07
- Post History