Tuesday, February 15, 2011
After flying out of dusty airports with bullet holes in the windows on time, after passing through gauntlets of guards for whom “ankle holster” is an acceptable excuse for setting off the metal detector – all of whom were pleasant, and a few ear protectors put on “habibe” terms, it is a bit of a shock to land in the US where DHS shouts at passengers angrily, despite having run zero risk of IEDs to get to work and potable water running out of their taps at home, and flights delayed by 30 minutes on the runway for bad traffic management, not rockets.
Appreciate it, people are still dying for it.
- Get a desktop alert when Thunderbird gets constipated 2023 May 29
- The end of a comic era 2023 May 14
- WordPress forward and back navigation I find pleasing 2023 May 07
- عيد مبارك 2023 April 22
- Technology: maximizing individual radius of lethality. 2023 February 05
- Sidebar featured images only on single post pages 2023 January 24
- LastPass: The Cloud is Public and Ephemeral 2023 January 05
- Some gnuplot and datamash adventures 2022 December 29
- Smol bash script for finding oversize media files 2022 September 02
- Deep Learning Image Compression: nearly 10,000:1 compression ratio! 2022 June 28
- Post History