Oh Google… you’re so cute.
Sure you’re the largest data harvester in the world and you’ve convinced more people than even microsoft to migrate their personal and business data away from their relatively secure and relatively private personal computers and company servers onto your public, ephemeral servers where you make their data to every government in the world you do business with and all the hackers in China, and even in those circumstances where you do actually provide some measure of security, your services have helped eliminate any residual rational discomfort people might have had about giving Big Brother direct editorial review of every communication they have, every document they create, every question they think about. More than any other company, if only by dint of your scale, you have made an Orwellian informational panopticon reality.
But who can stay mad when you’re so damn cute. Barrel roll :-)
- The end of a comic era 2023 May 14
- WordPress forward and back navigation I find pleasing 2023 May 07
- عيد مبارك 2023 April 22
- Technology: maximizing individual radius of lethality. 2023 February 05
- Sidebar featured images only on single post pages 2023 January 24
- LastPass: The Cloud is Public and Ephemeral 2023 January 05
- Some gnuplot and datamash adventures 2022 December 29
- Smol bash script for finding oversize media files 2022 September 02
- Deep Learning Image Compression: nearly 10,000:1 compression ratio! 2022 June 28
- Audio Compression for Speech 2022 June 28
- Post History