Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Rental car review
A typical American boat – the Buick is big and heavy and squishy and not exactly my type of car. I don’t really like the over-plush seats or squishy suspension. The faux wood interior styling isn’t really my thing either.
- Quiet – It is pretty quiet
- Comfortable – Not terribly comfortable. I don’t like squishy seats, but I suppose for some people it is..
- Basic amenities – Power everything, but no outside temperature reading. I like knowing the outside temp.
- Stereo – surprisingly mediocre for a fancy-ish car. The sound isn’t great and the radio has trouble getting marginal stations. Plus the radio display doesn’t tell you what station you’re listening too, which is helpful in a rental car.
- Security – the trunk is big and secure.
I can’t feel comfortable in a car unless I know what the temperature is outside… as if that matters inside, but still it’s a useful reality check.
[…] The Chevy Impala is a fairly typical American car – actually a little more comfortable than the buick. […]